Research and development is starting of the innovation life cycle that may end with development of a commercial product. It enables students to plan and execute a work by formulating a research problem under faculty guidance. Thefaculty and students work on a research problem and possibly results into a Research Paper, Patent or a Publication. This helps to develop critical thinking abilities and problem solving for the real world in the students. The process of research and development starts with a literature survey,continues with analysisaccompanied by experiments and concludes with results. JMIT provides this unique opportunity to the students to work in thrust areas of science and engineering under the expert guidance and develop the technologies for a better future.
|1||Shubham Pathania (1215791)
Shivam Suneja (1214753)
Prateek Rawat (1214741)
|Harmonic Analysis of a Three-Phase Converter using MATLAB and SIMULINK||The project uses MATLAB/SIMULINK to develop a model of 3-Phase convertor and analyse the harmonics in the output received from it after filtering. The three filters analysed are L, C and LC. It was found from the analysis that the LC filters provide similar results with lower values of L & C.||Dr. Nidhika Birla|
|2||Rajat Sharma (1214746)
Jony Saini (1214728)
Rahul Godara (1214745)
|Characteristic study of PID Controller in MATLAB||The project uses MATLAB/ SIMULINK to develop the model of a DC Motor and analyse its characteristics for PID controller. It was found that the controller tuned using Closed Loop Technique provide the best transient response.||Dr. Nidhika Birla|
|3||Akhil Vohra (1214726)
Ajay Kumar (1214704)
Ajay Kumar (1214706)
|Simulation of Electrical Vehicle using MATLAB||The project develops a mathematical model of the Electrical Vehicle using MATLAB/SIMULINK. The output of the various parts of the model are analysed and compared with the standard results.||Dr. Nidhika Birla|
|4||Akhil Vohra (1214726)
Ajay Kumar (1214704)
|Design of Sending & Receiving End Power Circle Diagram using MATLAB||This project implements the automated design of Sending & Receiving End Power Circle Diagram used in Transmission Line Design. The design automation is implemented using MATLAB programming.||Dr. Nidhika Birla|
|5||Deepak Kumar (1214721)
Arvind Kumar (1214717)
Ashmit Ghai (1214719)
Akshay Tanwar (1214711)
|Stepper Motor Control using MATLAB||The project demonstrates a wired real-time interfacing of parallel port using MATLAB & Stepper Motor. The speed control of motor is completed by controlling the delay time using programming.||Dr. Nidhika Birla|
|6||Shubham Pathania (1215791)
Shivam Suneja (1214753)
Prateek Rawat (1214741)
|DC Motor Speed and Direction Control using MATLAB||The project demonstrates a wired real-time interfacing of parallel port using MATLAB & DC Motor. The speed control of motor is completed by using PWM technique in programming & direction control is accomplished by changing the signal sequence in software.||Dr. Nidhika Birla|
|7||Gurpreet, Gautam (ECE -4th Year)||Media Player Control using Image Processing||The project demonstrates the use of image processing for media player control using ActiveX commands in MATLAB.||Dr. Nidhika Birla|
|DC motor interfacing with Parallel Port using MATLAB||The project demonstrates a wireless real-time interfacing of parallel port using MATLAB. In this project, a Graphical User Interface (GUI) is developed on the MATLAB platform. The parallel port is connected to the DC motor. The signals to the motor varies the motor direction & speed.||Dr. Nidhika Birla|
|Wireless Interfacing of Parallel Port using MATLAB||The project demonstrates a wireless real-time interfacing of parallel port using MATLAB. It uses the parallel port of the PC, MATLAB software, RF Transmitter, RF Receiver and LED board.||Dr. Nidhika Birla|
|Design Receving End Power Circle Diagram By Using MATLAB||This project implements the automated design of Receiving End Power Circle Diagram used in Transmission Line Design. The design automation is implemented using MATLAB programming.||Dr. Nidhika Birla|
|Real Time Interfacing of Parallel Port using MATLAB||The project demonstrates a wired real-time interfacing of parallel port using MATLAB. In this project, a Graphical User Interface (GUI) is developed on the MATLAB platform and an LED board is designed on PCB. The parallel port is connected to the LED board using connecting cable. The LED board contains 8 LEDs to verify the signal received from the 8 pins of the parallel port driven using GUI.||Dr. Nidhika Birla|
In Progress Projects:
1. “Learning App for 11th and 12th Class Students”, Supervisor: Er. Shipli (AP, CSE Dept.)
Abstract: To develop an app to help learning and understanding for 11th and 12th Class Students.
2. “Web based events’ venue management”, Supervisor: Er. Shipli (AP, CSE Dept.)
Abstract: To develop a web-based solution for venue management of the institute for the club activities.
|1||MATLAB Classes||January – March’18||Dr. Nidhika Birla (Asso. Prof., ELE Dept.)||30 Students|
|2||The Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge||April 09, 2018||Dr. Nidhika Birla (Asso. Prof., ELE Dept.)||12 Participants|
|3||2 Day Workshop on Graphical User Interface (GUI) Toolbox of MATLAB||September 28 & 29, 2017||Dr. Nidhika Birla (Asso. Prof., ELE Dept.)||22 Students (ELE Department)|
|4||Demonstration Lecture on Real-time Interfacing using MATLAB||September 27, 2017||Mr. Jai (1215711) and Mr. Sunil (1215727) under the guidance of Dr. Nidhika Birla (Asso. Prof., ELE Dept.)||22 Students (ELE Department)|
|5||MATLAB Classes||August-Nov.’17 (4-5PM – Monday to Friday)||Dr. Nidhika Birla (Asso. Prof., ELE Dept.)||22 Students (ELE-2nd Year, 3-ECE-Final Year, 6 Students – ELE Final Year)|
|6||The MATLAB Coding Challenge||April 18, 2017||Dr. Nidhika Birla (Asso. Prof., ELE Dept.) & Er. Mamta (AP, CSE Dept.)||33 Students (ELE Department)|
|7||Hands-on Session on Simulink||April 4, 2017||Er. Rajnish (AP, ELE Dept.)||10 Students (ELE Department)|
|8||Fundamentals of MATLAB||Jan.-April’17||Dr. Nidhika Birla (Asso. Prof., ELE Dept.)||18 Students (ELE Department)|
Short Term Training Program on MATLAB:
JMIT, Radaur organised a Short Term Training Program on MATLAB, in collaboration with National Institute of Technical Teachers Training and Research, Chandigarh from 18.7.17 to 21.7.17 (9:30 – 10:30 AM) in the institute’s MATLAB Software Lab.
The contents of this program are as follows,
1. MATLAB Essentials
2. Fuzzy Logic Toolbox
3. Basics of Image Processing
4. Interfacing Audrino with MATLAB
Live Projects in JMIT:
• Welding Procedure Qualification
• Quality Testing of a Steel Casting
• Optimization of Machining Parameters for Different Materials
• Design of EOT Cranes
• Quality Testing – verification of projects in collaboration with Distt. Administration.
• From WOLKITE University, Ethopia for International Conference CSR 2017 at Addis Ababa.
• From DST (Govt. of India), New Delhi for presenting research paper in Germany.
• From INSA & German Society for presenting research paper in Italy.
• From JMIT for presenting research paper in Singapore, 2016.
• From SFERD, India for participating in Int. Conf. on CSR and Sustainable Development at Bangkok, Thailand, 2013.
• From INSA, German Chemical Society for European Polymer Congress – EPF 2013, Pisa, Italy.
• From Author Aid, UK for Annual Meeting of AIChE, Novemebr 2015, Salt Lake City, USA
• From American Chemical Society for International Chemical Congress of PACIFICHEM 2015, Honolulu, Hawaii.
|Real Time Interfacing of Parallel Port using MATLAB|
|Wireless Interfacing of LEDs with Parallel Port|
|How to install SciLab Software|
|How to install Symbolic toolbox in SciLab|
|How to install eSIM in UBUNTU|
|How to install UBUNTU Operating System in Pen-Drive|
|How to make bootable Pen-Drive for UBUNTU Operating System|
• Mr. Ganesh Bisht, CetpaInfotech Pvt. Ltd., Roorkee
• Ms. InduAggarwal, Founder & Trainer, Disha for Success, Chandigarh
• Mr. Dheeraj Kumar, HumboltzWedag, Delhi
• Mr. AnandPandey, Morling Global Pvt. Ltd., Noida
• Mr. Harshraj Grover, Associate Manager, Expedia, Gurgaon
• Mr. Akashdeep, Managing Director, BIT- OPPOSE
• Mr. Paramjit Singh, Principal Director Regional Center for Entrepreneurship Development-RCED and many more…
• Prof.(Dr.) Lau Siong Hoe, Multimedia University, Malaysia
• Prof.(Dr.) Krishna Vedula, University of Massachusetts Lowell, USA
• Prof.(Dr.) Gaurav Sharma, Rochester University, USA