The department of Computer Science & Applications is housed in newly built building with all the modern amenities. Department offers two courses i.e. Master of Computer Applications and Bachelor of Computer Applications. It is known for its academic and non-academic excellence though state of art teaching and learning environment. Here young talents are explored and well groomed to face the competitive world.
Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA):
BCA is a route for the Arts, Commerce and Non-Medical students of 10+2 to join the band of computer professionals. The Bachelor of computer applications programme has been introduced in the department of computer science & applications in the year 2017 with an intake of 60 students. The course relates to design, development and use of computer applications/softwares and BCA graduates are able to develop and prepare documents, projects, presentations, design websites. They learn systems analysis and design, software development and project management. After completion of BCA they can join a software company as software engineer.
Master of Computer Applications (MCA):
The master of computer applications programme was started in 2001 with an intake of 60 students. This program caters to the foundation of computing principles and business practices and to train the students to analyse problems in a wide range of applications. This program provides exposure to the students to enterprise software management methodologies. The MCA programme is a 3-year full – time course consisting of 6 semesters. The last semester is devoted to a professional training project in the industry. The curriculum enables mastering the fundamentals of computing and gives an opportunity to gain an in-depth knowledge of a broad range of topics. The emphasis is on the understanding and ability to apply the principles of computing which make the students well equipped for future work environment.
Highlights and Infrastructure:
- • The department has all the modern amenities including well equipped computer laboratories, well-furnished class rooms and fully air-conditioned seminar hall.
- • Computer laboratories equipped with latest configuration computer systems with online power back up.
- • 24 hours Internet facility is also available in the computer laboratory for all the students. Wi-Fi is also available for all the students.
- • Library having subject related books, information technology magazines and various books related to English communication and competitive exams like GATE/ UGC-NET.
- • Students are well equipped to put their work in context and adequately prepared to move from one intellectual challenge to another by participating in various technical and extra-curricular activities.
- • Students actively organize and participate in various extra-curricular.
- • Students are put to work on various projects related to languages like Advanced JAVA,VB,ASP.NET, Android, JQuery etc. in order to bridge the gap between the curriculum and industry.
- • Workshops and Guest Lectures are arranged regularly in order to acquaint the students with latest technologies and to enhance their practical skills.
- • Special GATE and UGC-NET classes are arranged for the students to help them to prepare for public sector undertakings, Ph.D entrance exams etc.
- • Industrial visits are arranged for the students to connect them to the working environment in the industries.
- • Students are prepared for productive career by providing placement guides to the students as various companies like TCS, Techmahindra visit our campus yearly for campus recruitment.
- • Our Alumni are working at senior level positions in MNC’s like TCS, Techmahindra, IBM, Accenture, Infosys, Heweitt providing guidance to our students to get a job.
- • Teachers at our department have good command on subjects, a contagious enthusiasm for the play of new ideas, optimism about the potential of their students.
Hardware equipment in MCA Lab
|Name of the Item||Quantity|
|Computer Server , Intel(R) XEON (R) CPU E5520@2.27GHZ,RAM 6GB,HDD 500GB*2||01|
|Computer P-IV(D) 2.8 GHz HDD 80GB, DDR-1 RAM 1GB, TFT Monitor (oracle server)||01|
|Intel Pentium dual CPU E2200 @ 2.20ghz, HDD160GB RAM 1GB(Linux server)||01|
|Thin Client Computer RAM 2GB,TFT,Mouse,Keyboard||25|
|Intel Pentium dual CPU E2200 @ 2.20ghz, HDD160GB RAM 1GB||18|
|Intel XEON CPU E3110 @ 3.00ghz, HDD320GB RAM 2GB||05|
|Computer P-IV 2.8GHz HDD 40GB, DDR-1 RAM 1GB, CRT Monitor||05|
|Computer P-IV(D) 2.8 GHz HDD 80GB, DDR-1 RAM 512MB, TFT Monitor||21|
|Computer P-IV(D) 2.8 GHz HDD 80GB, DDR-1 RAM 1GB, TFT Monitor||02|
|Computer P-IV 1.8GHz HDD 40GB, DDR-1 RAM 1GB, CRT Monitor||03|
|Computer P-IV 1.8 GHz HDD 40GB, DDR-1 RAM 384MB, CRT Monitor||02|
|Computer P-IV 1.8 GHz HDD 40GB, DDR-1 RAM 256MB, CRT Monitor||02|
|TFT 15.1,HDD 320 GB,2GB RAM,2.7GHZ PROCESSOR||01|
|LAPTOP DELL PROCESSOR 2.7GHZ, 2GB RAM, 320GB HDD||01|
|LAPTOP INTEL (R) CELERON(R) PROCESSOR 1.40GHz, 512MB RAM, HDD 40GB||01|
|UPS 650 V||01|
|UPS 3 KVA||01|
|UPS 2 KVA(online)||11|
|Over Head Projector (OHP)||03|
|Printer Canon Laser jet 2900B||01|
|Printer HP LaserJet 1020||02|
|Printer brother DCP-j125||01|
|S. No.||Name of The Teaching Faculty||Designation
(Assoc. Prof. /Asst. Prof.)
|Qualification With Field Of Specialization|
|1||Dr. Sudhanshu Gupta||HOD/Associate Prof||B.Sc, MCA||Ph.D||B.Tech/000521|
|2||Ms. Shaleja Ganesh Arora||Asst. Prof||B.A., MCA|
|3||Mr. Prashant Kumar||Asst. Prof||B.Sc., MCA|
|4||Er. Sakshi Sharma||Asst. Prof||B.Tech., M.Tech|
|5||Er. Sugam Saini||Asst. Prof||B.Tech.,M.Tech|
|6||Er. Divya Singla||Asst. Prof||B.Tech.,M.Tech|
Department of Computer Applications organized an Excursion trip for the students of BCA to Dehradun on 5th October, 2017.
Workshop on Android Application Development
A workshop was organized by MCA deptt. on 02-09-17 on Android Application Development. A total 91 number of students from CSE/IT/MCA attended the workshop.
Mr. Deepak Rattan, Software Developer/Trainer Netsmartz India Infotech Pvt. Ltd Chandigarh was the resource person.
One day Industrial visit was organized for the students of MCA on 18th March 2017 to “Piford Technologies”.
The following sessions were covered : JAVA/Android/Python/IOS technologies.
- Student Handbook BCA 2nd Sem
- Student Handbook MCA 2nd Sem
- 1st Sem Syllabus
- 2nd Sem Syllabus
- 3rd Sem Syllabus
- 4th Sem Syllabus
- 5th Sem Syllabus
- 6th Sem Syllabus