Centers of Excellence at JMIT are groups/ teams that leads the students and the institute as a whole in particular area of Robotics and Industrial Instrumentation and Automation.
There are mainly six Centers of Excellence at JMIT. These are :
Robotics – Elect. & Comm. Engg.
CER JMIT is not just a group but a fraternity and a faction of such students whose passions dwell in beholding wires and metal beget a machine that has a brain of its own. It’s here that seeds of lecturing are sown by those experienced and erudite, nurtured by the interested and novice, pruned by minute yet unprecedented errors and harvested in competitions all over India. CER offers indispensible guidance, workshops and tutorials along with tools, equipments, components and workspace.
The family meets periodically to discuss over matters such as the management of the workspace, workshops, projects and competitions. We welcome anyone, with or without prior knowledge, who desire to be a part of this fraternity. There are no pre-requisites to join because we have menbers that believe in the transfer of knowledge, especially that which concerns our precious interest in Robotics.
1. Module I: Arduino UNO to learn and apply various experiments
2. Module II: Projects using controllers like AVR, PIC etc.
3. Module III: Raspberry-pi etc. to implement various projects
4. tudents workshops for sharing experiences with juniors
5. Learn programming skills.
6. Developing critical thinking, fabrication & assembly of robots.
7. 3D designing in Solid Works Software.
8. Discovering real life engineering challenges and develop creative solutions to solve them.
9. Working as a team.
Industrial Instrumentation & Automation – Elect. Engg. (Equipped by Rockwell Automation, Inc.)
The Rockwell USA-Center of Excellence has been established at JMIT to cater the need of skilled man power in the automative/ process industry. The goals of the center have been to prepare the students Industry-Ready by aligning Instrumentation Technology Education program to the current technology and the best practices in the area of Industrial Automation.
# PLC Programming
# HMI Programming
# Process Instrumentation & Industrial Automation
1. To apply knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering for solving problems in Instrumentation Technology.
2. To design the appropriate procedures to conduct an experiment successfully and analyze the experimental data.
3. To design, develop and implementation of an industrial automation system for complex process/ system withrealistic constraints.
4. To use a wide range of modern software tools related to Instrumentation Engineering for design, development, simulation, implementation, verification and certification.
5. To assess the impact of scientific and technological developments on projected economic, social and environmental systems and investigate viable solutions.
6. To analyze and solve the multidisciplinary nature of a problem (technical/ non-technical) and therby function as a successful team leader.
Daikin Air Conditioning – Mech. Engg.
1. To provide skilled Technocrats.
2. Exposure of advanced technologies in HVAC field.
3. Skill enhancement of Technicians in the market.
Texas Instruments Innovation Center Lab (TIIC) – Elect. & Comm. Engg.
1. Internet of Things (IoT).
2. Analog Systems.
3. Ultra Low Power Microcontroller (16-Bit).
4. ARM Cortex Design Microcontroller (32-Bit).
1. Collaboration – IIT Delhi.
2. Scientific Research and exposure.
3. To extend, improve, integrate, refine and assist the experimental learning.
Information & Communication Technology Skill Lab- Personality Development Department
1. Modern Digitized Language Lab
2. The State-of-Art Audio-Visual equipments to help in imparting language skills to enhance communication & soft skills development activities.